23 Words to Say to Someone Going Through a Difficult Time
People that is going through a difficult phase in their life sometimes needs a support to keep going. This is extremely important because sometimes these phases drains the life out of them and will make them prone to giving up. You can help them and raise them up.
Giving support can come in many ways and one of them is through words. There are some words that is naturally soothing and we want to show you so that you can help a person in need. If you do this, you might save a life! So here are words to say to someone going through a difficult time;
Sometimes it is best to say nothing and to just whole heartedly listen to what they are anxious, sad or worried about. Doing this will relieve their burden and help them go into a better mental state.
- It’s okay to feel what you feel
Sometimes people try so hard to stop being sad or negative that they actually get nowhere. Tell thim that it is okay to feel these things because it will make the recovery faster.
- I’m sorry that you are going through this
Saying this show your sympathy or empaty and it will make them know that they are not alone in feeling this way. This also show that you are here for them.
- I will always be here for you
The road to recovery is lonely and hard. Knowing that someone is behind your back and always ready to push you is a comforting thing to the mind of a sad person. Show them the Signs That Someone is In Love With You
- Let go of the blame
It is easy to blame things or even themselves when something catastrophic happens to someone’s life. Saying this will remind them to loosen up to forgive and forget.
- Time will heal
You may not know how the future will turn out but you can promise them that this too shall pass. When time have passed, things will seem lighter. That is why you just need to hang on.
- You are bigger than this
People easily feel small when they are faced by something tremendously hard. Because of that reason you need to remind them of their strength and capability to get through it.
- If you need help just say the word
Offering help gives plenty of relieve to an anxiety and sadness induced mind. saying this will make them more relaxed and happy. this is one of the Things to Say to Help Someone Who Is Stressed Out
- you’ve been down before, and you can get through this again
reminding them about their strength that is actually already hidden deep inside them is a great way to put them back on their feet.
- Take one step at a time
Most of the time people feel overwhelmed by the big image of the future to the point where they feel paralized. Remind them to focus on the next few steps and then the next. Suddenly nothing seems impossible
- There are more things to look forward to
Remind them to take a look at the small things to be grateful for that might happen in the future. If you do this, you are giving them the drive to live one more day and then another.
- I am so proud of you
Even when they are a mess, say this. Because saying this will make them feel proud of themselves too and it will make the day go way better. Show them the Signs That a Man Loves You Unconditionally
- Focus on the present
When feeling sad, people usually dwell with the past for too long. This makes them more miserable. Tell them to focus on the now where nothing bad is happening and they are safe.
- It’s not the end
Telling them that there is more to come and that this is not the end is a great way to boost their spirits. It reminds them that there is more to life that is much more beautifully captivating.
More words to say to comfort them
These words will make them more relax. It will set them to the path of self recovery and self love; here are more words to say to someone going through a difficult time:
- Remember to be kind to yourself – people often forget to take care of themselves with the most basic things. Not taking care of one’s self might make them more sluggish and prone to sadness.
- Life happens – by reminding them that life happens make them take off the blame and stuck feeling to the problem
- You did a great job – tell them that they’ve done the best they could and this will make them feel a little bit happier
- Take all the time that you need to heal – knowing that they have time to heal will actually make them more relaxed and positive
- Just because something isn’t happening to you now, it doesn’t mean it never will – remind them that positive things do come and we just have to put a little bit of faith
Signs that they are back to their positive state of mind
Signs that they are back on their feet because of your positive encouragements;
- They stop talking negatively about the event – they stop crying or whining about the event that have happened
- They are more happy and energetic – although it might not be significant, they will show that they are more happy and productive in their life
- They take out lessons from the event – to truly know if they have grown out from the event is to see if they have picked up a positive lesson from it.
The words to say to someone going through a difficult time is not much. It focus on building a safe place for the person to let go, heal and eventually grow. Keep in mind the wise word to get people out of the rut. After that, see if they already have the signs that they are back to their positive state of mind.
Meanwhile, you may pick up those lines to help people, to make them feel okay. Indeed, we could make people feel better by showing our love through words to them. Cause we know, time flies, and everything can turn to be wrong and hurt if we don’t say good things now.