We often see that being in a relationship means that two people are together being happy and far from loneliness. Truth is, being in a relationship isn’t only about getting happiness and comfort. There are always consequences and challenges one should meet when they decide to get together with someone else.
Things aren’t always easy for those who are willing to get together with somebody. Even if you two are so deeply in love, you’ll always need to keep the most important things in a relationship otherwise you’ll lose the sparks.
There will be times when you can’t help but ask yourself if you’re in a good relationship or it’s just better to be single. You’ll find out the good side of being single through these 21 Reasons Why Single is Better.
1. You Don’t Have to Fight Over Small Things
Living with another person in your life makes you do your daily things around them including choosing what to eat. There’s time when you want to eat pasta but your partner wants to eat Chinese food.
You may surrender for once or twice, but if it happens again and again, you might get tired and can’t help but fight it. It’s just a small thing to fight over but you need to know that you can’t always lose yourself. If a small thing can start a fight, imagine the bigger one. So, being single is better.
2. There’s No Worry of Not Knowing How They Are
Having a significant other makes you and them inseparable. When your away from your partner, you miss them and want to know if they’re doing okay. It stresses you out when you haven’t heard from them. Things like this won’t happen if you’re single.
3. You Have Your Privacy Secured
Dating someone often requires you to open up to them about your personal life. Whenever you’re around them, they want to know what you’re doing, what you’re looking at on your phone, where are you going, and maybe who you’re seeing. If you don’t like your phone being checked by your spouse, you may say you’re better off single. Your phone is your privacy.
4. You Can be Friends With Anyone
This one important reason why single is better is that you can be friends with anyone without worrying if your partner will dislike it. When you’re taken, you surely can’t get close to others. Boys, you don’t want people to think that you’re showing signs of a man who is a player, right?
5. You Can Have More Time on Your Hobby
When you’re single, your time won’t be spent for having romantic dates, trip to some places you don’t really want, and going to restaurant you don’t really like. You can do your hobby without anyone interrupting.
6. You Can Focus More on Your Goal
You must have a goal in your life that you’re working on. If you’re dating someone, they might steal your attention and that makes it hard for you to focus on your goal.
7. You Don’t Have to Look Good for Your Partner
The next important reason why single is better is you can be yourself and not try to look good in front of your partner. Your partner will ask you to dress the way they want and take better care of your hair and skin. What’s worse is if they also control how you should act. Those things won’t happen if you’re single.
More Reasons Why Single is Better
Here are more reasons why being single is better for you:
- You don’t need to ask permission for everything.
- You don’t have to act nice to your partner’s parents.
- You don’t need to worry your partner might be cheating on you.
- You won’t have to waste your money to buy your partner things.
- You don’t have to deal with their bad habits.
- You don’t need to also like what your partner likes.
- You don’t need to give up your habit because your partner can’t stand it.
- You won’t be stressed for having different opinion with your partner.
- You don’t have to convince your parents to accept your partner.
- You don’t have to share your things with your partner.
- You don’t have to give up your dream for your partner’s sake.
- You don’t need to starve yourself waiting for your partner.
- You don’t have to fight with your partner’s ego.
- You won’t have to get jealous of who’s around your partner.
Those are 21 Reasons Why Single is Better. You need to consider these if you see signs of a bad relationship with your boyfriend.