So there’s this cute guy who you think has been eyeing you for quite some time. You feel like he’s interested in you. But here’s the problem… he already has a girlfriend, and you can’t be entirely sure. Although you’re convinced he shows signs a guy likes you more than his girlfriend, you’re still not completely certain.
What if you’re being overly confident? Or if he thinks your skirt is cute only so he can buy it for his girlfriend? What if he’s just comparing you to his girlfriend while giving thanks for all the things she has that you don’t?
Well, you can now get rid of your speculations once you read these ten signs a guy likes you more than his girlfriend:
- He makes a lot of eye contact when he talks to you
Rest assured, a guy only looks a woman in the eye with unyielding frequency if he likes her. So the next time you’re talking to him and you notice that his gaze constantly drift to your eyes, then it’s a good sign that he likes you!
- He asks for your opinion
Here’s the thing. A guy doesn’t usually ask girls for their opinions, unless she’s his girlfriend because he only listens to the thoughts of those whom he cares about. And more often than not, he will take her words as the right ones. So if he has a girlfriend and asks what you think about his new hat, it may be that he thinks your opinions are worth more than hers. This is another signs a guy likes you more than his girlfriend.
- He compliments you, repeatedly
A guy makes it clear that he likes a woman when he continuously praises her. Of course, if it happens once or twice he may just be admiring your closet and wishes for his girlfriend to follow suit. But if he keeps reminding you that you have beautiful eyes or nice hair, he clearly admires you more than her. And if that’s true, then he knows just the sweetest things to say to flirt with your crush.
- He doesn’t keep his distance with you
He may not be pointedly embracing or caressing your hair, but if he doesn’t care to keep his distance with you and often lets his hands or shoulder ‘accidentally’ brush yours, he’s giving you the signs that a boy has a crush on you.
- He invites you to parties or gatherings, even though she’s also there
Perhaps he’s a generally friendly guy, a social butterfly and enjoys going to crowded parties. Like a wise man once said, the more the merrier, right? Except, he already has a girlfriend to occupy him for the night, why does he still want you around? Simple answer: he needs an excuse to bump into you and spend time with you.
- He never talks about his girlfriend with you
Let’s face it, guys boast about their girlfriends all the time. Talking about his girlfriend to other girls is also one way for a guy to tell them to back off, and that his heart is set on her. If he doesn’t bring up his girlfriend around you, there’s probably only one reason: he doesn’t want you to back off. And he is clearly showing signs you don’t want to be with your girlfriend anymore.
- He’s often distracted when he’s with his girlfriend
If you ever catch his eyes wandering around the room, as if searching for something or someone, when his own girlfriend is talking to him, you can bet he’s looking for you, especially after he shows these signs a guy likes you more than his girlfriend. Or if he’s with her but he seems lost in thoughts, he’s probably thinking about you…
- He ditches his date to spend time with you
If a guy lies to his girlfriend that his mother suddenly calls for him just to walk you home from coffee, you know things are getting serious. He’s essentially choosing you over his girlfriend, and it’s only a matter of time that she realizes this.
- His girlfriend starts to question your relationship with him
You know it’s real when she finally approaches you. If he asks what your business is with him, or if you like him, or why she feels that you’re getting an awful lot of his attention, then you know it’s serious.
- You never hear him tell her he loves her
Some couples don’t flaunt their “I love you”s around for the world to hear. But if after all these times you’ve never, not once, heard him say those three words to her, you have the rights to raise questions. Maybe he doesn’t love her anymore and shows these hurtful signs that he is falling out of love with you, maybe he has someone else better in his heart. Maybe that someone else is you…
If he shows all of these signs, then it’s positive that he likes you more than his girlfriend! Although it may be thrilling to know that you have the attention of a guy who already has a girlfriend, you can’t help but feel a tinge of guilt. After all, you are, or will soon become, the reason of another woman’s broken heart.
Tips on what to do if a guy likes you more than his girlfriend:
- Confront him. If only to be one hundred percent sure, talk to him and just ask him if he likes you. Remind him that he has a girlfriend and that you can’t do anything until he does something about it.
- Confront the girlfriend. If you don’t like him anyway, do his girlfriend a favor. Tell her that her guy may not be into her anymore, and that she deserves someone who genuinely loves her.
- Ask him to back off. If you’re feeling extraneously sympathetic for the other woman, kindly tell him to stop flirting with you. Say that she loves him and that he better not play with her heart.
- Ask him to dump her. If he truly likes you more than her, he wouldn’t mind ending things with her once and for all, especially if he shows the signs that he is dead serious about you. Just to make things clear. Then you can flirt back and not feel guilty for mingling with a guy who has another’s heart.
Indeed, there may be a guy who loves you secretly when he has already got a girlfriend. Meanwhile, you can’t be a cruel girl to take him out from his girlfriend. Be a good girl, do not steal anyone cause karma does exist!