Period is a topic that women know best. After all, they’re the ones who experience it.
For most of the time, it can be grueling. A period is not always easy to deal with. So try to avoid these things you should never say to a woman on her period.
- You’re being really extra, are you on your period?
- Stop acting so crazy.
- You’re acting like a monster today.
- I sure am glad to be a man so I don’t have periods.
- Get over your period cramps. They’re temporary pain so suck it up.
- Women get so whiny when it’s that time of the month.
- Period again? Must be tough to be a woman.
- There’s no such thing as PMS. It’s just an excuse for you to get what you want.
- Women should not get special treatment just because they get periods.
- You’re exaggerating your period. I bet it’s not that painful.
- Don’t be weak, a period doesn’t seem so bad.
- Drink some tea and you’ll soon feel okay again.
- Period is gross, how do you even deal with that every month?
- You make it seem like a period is the worst thing ever. Grow up.
- You’re being such a pain in the ass. Are you on your period?
- Can’t you just make it go away?
- Stop complaining so much. Your period is a blessing.
- I’m sure you’re an expert at cleaning up blood.
- You must have to deal with a lot of blood. I bet it’s like a crime scene.
- Just pretend that it’s not happening.
- Please let me know if you’re on your period because I don’t want to be around a bitch.
- You’re such a baby when you’re on your period.
- Women can be so annoying. It’s one of those few Things to Know Before Dating a Highly Sensitive Person especially when she’s on her period.
- Getting special treatment because you’re on your period huh?
- Look on the bright side, it means you’re still young.
Other things you should never say to a woman on her period
1. Her Eating Habit
Keep your thoughts to yourself when it comes to her eating habit. It’s one of the Things You Should Never Say to Your Girlfriend on Her Period.
A woman on her period might experience a change in her eating habit. Some women will have an increased appetite.
They want to munch on sweets or consume more carbs.
However, health experts also mention that women can also experience bloating. This discomfort will make them lose their enthusiasm to eat.
2. Her Clothes
What other things you should never say to a woman on her period?
Avoid commenting on her clothes. This one is often missed by a lot of people. Whether’s she’s dressed up or dressed down, there’s a reason for it.
Women usually opt to wear something darker or more comfortable. It helps to deal with any discomfort or pain during a period.
3. Her Body Odor
Did you know that hormonal changes affect your body odor?
So keep it shut when you think that a woman’s body odor is stronger than usual. It’s temporary.
A woman on her period can be moody. Commenting on a sensitive topic such as her body odor would ruin her day. Here’s a helpful way on How to Tell a Guy You’re Hooking Up with You Are on Your Period for all you women out there!
4. Her Unusual Behaviors
One of the other things you should never say to a woman on her period is about her unusual behaviors. What are they?
Crying. A sudden burst of anger. Loss of energy. Being cranky. And even getting sick. Here are some thoughtful Ways to Make Your Girlfriend Feel Better When She is Sick.
So if a woman doesn’t seem like herself lately then she’s likely on her period. Try to understand what she’s going through.
5. Her Weight
Hormones do undergo changes when a woman is on her period. So does her weight. It’s the eating habit that causes this.
Making ignorant remarks about her weight is a no no. That will only hurt her and make her resent herself.
Her weight is her business so don’t think for a second that you can pitch in. Instead, you can learn What Should A Boyfriend Do When His Girlfriend Is on Her Period.
There you go, those are several things you should never say to a woman on her period. It’s something that can be very painful so always be considerate.