You’ve got to admit it, being friends with benefits is arguably one of the most complicated relationships to maintain. Sure, it’s fun while it lasts. A way to have fun with no strings attached, right? And you did draw the line in the beginning, of course, establishing rules and stifling emotions before every meetup with him. I mean, how hard can it be?
But here’s the thing, humans are hardwired to feel things. You know it, he knows it, and now you think he’s starting to feel more than he should around you. Here are 10 signs that he likes you more than a friend with benefits:
- He keeps in touch with you. Often.
Friends with benefits are not interested in each other’s everyday lives. They don’t care if the other has a fantastic morning or messes up a job interview. If he texts you something more than “Are you free tonight?” or “Can I come over?”, he’s probably starting to care for you, and that’s one sign that he likes you more than a friends with benefits.
- He tries to seem ignorant, but he asks about your day.
When you’re lying in bed together, he doesn’t want you to think he’s into you, but he still asks about your day and silently hopes for a sincere answer.
- He notices the little things about you
Friends with benefits do not care about each other, at least not in an emotional or more-than-friendly kind of way. If he tosses a casual remark about the new top you’re wearing or nonchalantly compliments how your fresh haircut suits you better, there’s probably something more than casual in his feelings about you.
- You catch him gazing at you multiple times, perhaps longingly
This is a sellout. Two people who are romantically uninterested in each other won’t ever look at each other for extended periods of time. If he stares at you like he admires you, it’s a good sign that he wants the relationship with you to grow into something more. This is also Signs A Shy Guy Loves You and Wants You Secretly!
- He gives you nicknames and teases you.
If he starts to call you affectionate names, create inside jokes and teases you to make the relationship more comfortable, seemingly, he’s actually trying to institute intimacy between the two of you. In other words, he wants to be involved with you for signs that he likes you more than a friend with benefits.
- He tries to take you out to bars or cafes
Remember that friends with benefits are exactly what the name implies; they’re friends only because the relationship benefits them. So if he attempts to grab coffee or hit the bar with you, his interest in you is definitely more than skin-deep.
- He drops hints about his genuine fondness of you
He buys you takeout to eat in his room. And as you gather yourself and begin to dress, he coolly tells you how he’s fine with you spending the night. He even suggests you to keep some clothes at his place. These are indications that he’d like for you to stick around.
- He confides in you
In the beginning, there would be small talks. Tons of them. But as you spend more time with him, the random topics slowly shift to personal ones –his piling work, his friends, an upcoming meeting, and before you know it, he’s telling you about things he doesn’t tell anyone else. He trusts you with his secrets, and that means something for someone who’s supposedly “just friends”.
- He doesn’t talk about other women with you, even though you talk to him about other men
Friends with benefits are not involved romantically, that much is clear. They talk about their love lives with each other pretty casually, like a man would to his guy friends and a woman to her girlfriends. If he never brings up other girls around you, despite your incessant infatuation about the guy next door, there can only be one reason behind it: you’re the only woman he thinks about.
- He introduces you to his friends
Of course, this one doesn’t count if you two have the same circle of friends. Otherwise, it’s a definite tell that he wants you to have a more permanent stay in his life. I mean, it’s basically an announcement to his friends that you’re someone who’s more than a fleeting hookup. If he wants you to hang out with the people he cares about, then he pretty much cares about you. And it just might be that Signs A Girl Wants to Leave Her Boyfriend for You…
How to Deal with Friends with Benefits
After reading these ten signs that he likes you more than a friend with benefits, you’re now pretty sure that he’s definitely falling for you, but what should you do? Well, there are two ways this could go, depending on whether or not you feel the same way. If you don’t like him more than you should, there’s no need to feel guilty!
- Be honest! – Tell him you don’t think of him in a romantic way. It may seem difficult at first, but being honest with him is much less cruel than giving him uncertain answers. You can’t tell him you like him if you don’t, and you don’t want to get his hopes up.
- Stop being friends with benefit – Stop, just do it. It’s going to save you so much complication, and it’s probably going to save him from a painful heartbreak too. Just be normal friends, you know, or just stop seeing each other altogether. Just don’t keep him in bed when you know it’s hurting both of you… Besides, it’s not always the case that signd he’s not ready for a real relationship with you anyway.
However, if you do feel the same way he does, then congratulations!
- Say yes if he asks you out – he’s making the move, and all you have to do is roll with it. It’s going to be pretty obvious if both of you are breaking the benefit-only boundaries and soon you’ll find yourself going on dates with him. And now, perhaps he’ll start showing signs that he’s your soulmate!
- Show him your real light
- Make him laugh
- Catch his eyes
If you’re a guy and have made it to the end of this article, you might be wondering what signs a girl would show if he likes you more than a friend, check Signs That He is Dead Serious About You out!