Quotes About Caring For Someone Who Doesn’t Care About You (101 Comforting Quotes)
Last updated on December 12, 2022 by Michelle Devani
One-sided relationships are often tedious because you’re trying your best to make the other person recognize your efforts. Nonetheless, being with someone who doesn’t care can actually take a toll on your peace of mind.
We understand how you’re feeling and created this article with quotes and sayings to make you feel better. Below are 101 quotes for when someone doesn’t care about you in the same way you care about them. You can either use these examples or create your own quotes from the ideas given here.
101 Quotes About Caring For Someone Who Doesn’t Care About You
1. “I’m never going to be embarrassed for caring too much. People are going to whisper no matter what I do, so I’ll rather remain who I am.”
You should never feel inferior for being who you are. If someone doesn’t appreciate it, then you should leave.
2. “I’m trying my best to stop caring about those who don’t pay attention to me. I’m going to enjoy life to the fullest without feeling bad. It’s what I truly deserve.”
You should embrace every bit of your life without caring what others think, especially those that don’t care about you the same way.
3. Happiness comes when you stop caring about the wrong things. The best thing you can do is to forget about the past and focus more on the future.
If you dwell too much on the past, you won’t be able to move forward. It’s necessary to focus on what you want instead of people that don’t care.
4. It’s normal to forget about your priorities when you’re thinking about someone else. Look at yourself in the mirror. Don’t ignore yourself any longer.
No one will take care of yourself like you can. While you’re trying to care for someone else, don’t neglect yourself.
5. Most times, people settle for less when they know they deserve more. Don’t give someone your mind when all you wanted was their heart. Fight until you get someone better.
Just because someone didn’t care for you doesn’t mean no one else will. You need to find someone better.
6. ”Never complain that I became heartless. I only learned to use my heart less the moment you became so distant.”
Any relationship that’s hurting you demands distance. Don’t stay in a scenario that threatens your peace.
7. Never feel bad for wanting something more. You need to realize that you weren’t with the right person to give it to you.
If a person doesn’t care anymore, it proves they weren’t the right one for you. Don’t feel bad when they leave.
8. ”I won’t waste my tears on what the world thinks of me. I’ll stop caring because they’re going to keep talking regardless.”
Having this realization will give you the strength to tackle the world. You’ll live life on your terms irrespective of what anyone has to say.
9. ”The most important thing to me is going wherever my heart wants to go, and I see nothing wrong with that.”
There’s no harm in following your heart, especially when it’s leading you in the right direction. Don’t let others persuade you otherwise.
10. ”It’s truly a wonderful thing to care about others. If you push me away, I’ll go. But I’ll never change who I am.”
Being empathetic is a beautiful thing. Never allow one negative experience to change how you’ll behave in the long run.
11. Just because one person disappointed you doesn’t mean you shouldn’t care anymore. You’ll find someone who will truly appreciate you.
It’s a common notion that the best ones always come last. Keep hanging in there until you meet the perfect one for you.
12. An essential part of growth is leaving the past behind. If you want to move forward, don’t fight for those that don’t care anymore. Stop caring about them and you’ll feel a lot better.
Letting go of certain people isn’t easy, not you have to do it for your inner peace,
13. Stop caring about what the world says. The ones who will truly care about you are on their way. You simply have to be patient.
Patience is crucial in the journey of life. If you want to meet the right one, you’ll have to wait until you find them.
14. Never let anyone treat you like second best. You deserve all the care the world has to offer. Keep searching until you find the right one.
If a relationship makes you feel less than, you shouldn’t be in it. You deserve all that you want and even more.
15. Fake people will always try to keep up with appearances. Real people won’t care anymore if you try to walk over them.
You don’t have to pretend to be on good terms with anyone. If things aren’t working, you should be real with them.
16. The best thing you can do to your haters is to ignore them. Stop caring about what they say or think. It’s the greatest power you can ever have.
Your haters will always have a reason to criticize what you do. Don’t let them have the advantage.
17. If you truly want to be happy, you have to ignore some little details. Not everything demands your attention and you should realize that.
You’ll live life fully when you stop trying to make everything perfect. Forget about the little details and enjoy the moment.
18. You should always do what’s best for you. People's choices will always be theirs. Focus on yourself because you’re the most important person to you.
You should always be a top priority in your life. Don’t lose sight of yourself while trying to make others happy.
19. The best thing you can do is to allow the wrong people out of your life. If they want to leave, it shows they were never meant for you in the first place.
It’s actually wonderful when the wrong people leave. You’re only creating space for the right ones.
20. It’s a thousand times better to give up on someone who doesn’t care than hold on to them. The more you try to make them change, the more you’ll hurt yourself and regret trying.
It’s much better to give up on something that’s hurting you than hang on to the pain.
21. “As long as what others are saying about me isn’t true, I’ll stop caring about them. They might think it hurts me, but I don’t even mind what they think.”
You shouldn’t care what others are saying. As long as they’re not true, you have nothing to worry about.
22. “It’s easy for people to want you when they’re alone and not when you’re alone. I don’t want that type of relationship anymore.”
If someone only needs you when they’re alone, and not when you need them, then the friendship isn’t worth it.
Do you feel like he kind of takes you for granted? Unfortunately this is one of the most frequent complaints we get from our readers, where they feel they aren't a priority for their boyfriend or husband. They always seem to have some excuse as to why they can't spend some quality time with you like they used to.
To see if he actually likes you take this quick free quiz and we'll let you know if it's worth putting any more time into this guy.
23. “I don’t mind if I fail trying to show how much I care. I’ll keep doing what makes me happy without caring what others think about me.”
Building a relationship might hurt more than you expect. But you should never stop being you just to please other people.
24. The best way to live freely is to stop holding on to people who don’t care anymore. They’ll only make you care less about everything, including yourself.
The worst thing that can happen to anyone is when they stop caring about themselves. Understand that you’re an important character in your story.
25. If you waste your time trying to please others, you’ll only regret it in the long run. Live your life on your own terms irrespective of whether people care or not.
It’s draining trying to please others. It’s much better to live life the way you want and ensure you have all you need.
26. The easiest way to lose sight of your life is to focus on other people’s decisions. Remember that your life is as crucial as anyone you’re paying attention to.
If you lose track of what you stand for, you’ll unknowingly be living other people’s lives. Ensure you focus on yours as much as possible.
27. It’s much easier to say you don’t care anymore than actually implementing it. However, it’s a crucial thing to do if you want to lock out someone that hurts you.
Choosing not to care is a tough decision. Nevertheless, if it will help you overcome the pain of being neglected, you should do it either way.
28. “If I had the superpower to stop caring, I’d use it every day. I’ll prevent myself from feeling certain things and being sensitive to people’s actions.”
You don’t have to care about everything people say. Not being sensitive to their words is indeed a superpower.
29. “I’ve waited for you to finally start showing me affection. I’ve waited far too long and now I don’t care anymore.”
30. Many people think those that stop caring are mean and heartless. Actually, they’re the most vulnerable, and not caring is a way to protect themselves from getting hurt again.
You should always protect yourself, especially from those that don’t care about you.
31. The moment you stop caring, the easier it will be to ignore their actions and keep moving forward. You should never let anyone tie you down and prevent you from entering the next phase of your life.
Moving forward is essential at every step of the way. You should never allow someone's negligence to keep you at one spot.
32. Life is much better when you learn how to forget people. Understand that they’ll talk whether you like it or not. Therefore, it’s essential to live life on your own terms instead.
You don't have to keep thinking about certain people. If they're not thinking about you, then you shouldn't be doing the same.
33. The most miserable people are those who keep caring when they shouldn’t. If you want happiness in your life, you shouldn’t care anymore. Allow people to go whenever they want to.
Being happy lies in your ability to let people go when they want to. You don't have to keep holding on to someone that doesn't want to be around.
34. It’s difficult to keep fighting for someone you don’t care about. Therefore, get rid of those emotions and you’ll be a thousand times better.
If you tackle your emotions, you'll find it easier to stop fighting for that person to stay. Get rid of those feelings and you'll be much better.
35. The hardest thing to do is to fall out of love with someone that used to care about you so much. Once they turn cold, it’s hard to admit that things have changed forever.
It's indeed painful to see someone become cold suddenly. Nevertheless, don't try to hold on to them if they truly want to go.
36. It’s very essential to stop worrying about those that don’t think about you. You need to focus on what’s more important, which is you.
You'll always be an important person to you. Never forget that while trying to please another person.
37. “I care too much about those who don’t care at all. But not anymore. I’m going to stop caring because I don’t want to waste my time any longer.”
If you spend all your time caring for people that don't care, you'll end up feeling tired and stressed out in the end.
38. The most important thing is to love your company like you’re the best person in the world. Don’t care about what others think and you’ll truly live a happy life.
Your company is more important than any other thing. You should be comfortable living by yourself if you want to live a happy life.
39. Cowards are those that make you fall for them when they don’t have the intention to commit.
If you notice that someone made you care about them only for them to desert you, you don't have to wait around any longer.
40. “I truly don’t care what anybody says. Anytime they tell me I can’t do something, that’s when I want to do it more.”
You shouldn't be limited by other people's words. You should define your life on your terms and make the most out of it.
41. “The major reason I don’t care anymore is because I gave someone my heart, but they gave me back in pieces.”
It's okay to lock out your emotions especially if someone has broken your heart before. Never let people get the best of you.
42. If you find the right person, don’t stop caring about them. Hold them tight and decide never to let them go. Those ones are hard to find.
When you find someone that's truly willing to stay, hang on to them for as long as possible.
43. Maturity isn’t determined by age. There are a lot of fake people in adult bodies who think not caring is cool, when it’s not.
Not everyone you meet will be as mature as you think they are. If they think caring isn't cool, you should move on to someone better.
44. The hardest thing to do is waiting for someone to love you back. It’s much better to be happy by yourself without needing someone to complete you.
You don't need to wait for someone to push you away before you choose to leave. If they won't be there for you, you should go.
45. “You shouldn’t get mad because I don’t care like I used to. You should be sad because I used to and you took me for granted.”
You should hope for happiness without certain people in your life. If they won't make you happy, you should find someone better.
46. People will judge you and it’ll hurt. The best way to safeguard your happiness is to stop caring. Let them keep talking, but don’t waste your time thinking about them.
It's easy for people to judge without knowing the full story. Nevertheless, you should allow their words to affect you.
47. Many fake people think they have everything figured out. But the truth is, if you don’t care about someone today, you’ll regret it later on. If you neglect others today, you’ll want their attention later on.
Fake people often want to deceive others, but you shouldn't let their actions get the better part of you.
48. If you have a problem with me, it shouldn’t be my problem. I’m only doing what I think is best, and you shouldn’t try to hurt me in the process.
When other people have a problem with you, it shouldn't be your problem, as long as you know you're doing what's best for your well-being.
49. Love should always be a decision. Love who you want without caring what others think. No one should push you out of your decision, especially if it’s a good one.
Loving others is much better than hate. If anyone has a problem with it, it shouldn't affect you.
50. When everything goes south, the best you can do is to stop caring and simply move on. You shouldn’t care what anybody says.
Quotes and sayings like these are often the best. You should never let someone else's actions get the better part of you.
51. The easiest way to fall out of love is to stop caring too much. Redirect your affection towards yourself and try to be happier without certain people.
Sayings like these will make you live yourself even more. If you always need others, try to be independent instead.
52. Life is indeed beautiful. As you grow older, you learn to care less about certain things and focus on what really matters. This, in itself, is the beauty of life.
Quotes and sayings about life will show you the beauty of living without caring too much.
53. The greatest way to liberate yourself from other people is to stop caring. It might hurt at first, but in the long run, you’ll be thankful you made that choice.
Sayings like these will prevent you from making regrettable decisions. Despite the hurt, not caring will make you happier.
54. The greatest advice anyone can give you is to live life on your terms. Don’t stress about what other people think. It’s your life, not theirs.
If you want to live a burden-free life, you should heed to sayings like these. Live life on your terms without caring what others think.
55. If you want to maintain your peace, you have to be willing to turn off your emotions towards certain people. They don’t deserve some parts of you so you shouldn’t give it to them.
Sayings like these will help you live a peaceful life. Not everyone deserves every aspect of you, so you need to lock your emotions out.
56. When there’s no reason to care any longer, the best you can do is to pack up and leave. Don’t settle for less when you know someone won’t reciprocate your love.
You can talk to someone hoping they change, but if they don't, it's best to move on.
57. Caring about everything will burn you out faster than expected. You should neglect some people especially when they don't care about you in return.
Quotes and sayings like these will help you channel your energy to the right source, which is caring about yourself even more.
58. “I’d rather be on my own than push too hard. If I see my presence isn’t welcome, I’ll act like our relationship never existed.”
You don't have to talk to people that don't appreciate your presence. You should be aware when it's time to leave.
59. “It’s impossible for me to care about those that don’t bother to think about me. I’d rather stay alone than choose to hurt myself with you.”
It's much better to stick to yourself than be with someone who doesn't care about you.
60. You should start caring less about what people think. It’s a great attribute that most people wished they discovered early.
Sayings like these will help you choose a better way to live without getting heartbroken.
61. If someone treats you like you don’t exist, better believe them. Don’t convince yourself they’ll change when you clearly see how they feel about you. Instead, stop caring about them.
It's easy to see how people feel about you with their behaviors. Once you notice, it's best for you to move on.
62. Not caring doesn’t make me a monster. I just chose not to safeguard my feelings because you didn’t care about them enough.
When someone fails to care about you, it's only logical for you to safeguard your heart. Don't let anyone make you feel guilty for protecting yourself.
63. If you start caring about the world too much, you’ll lose hope in yourself. Focus on yourself regardless of what anyone thinks.
The best way to go through life is without fear of what others think. Never lose sight of yourself while trying to please others.
64. Knowing when to stop is an important thing. You just turn off all your emotions and choose not to care as much as you did. It’s the best way to protect your heart.
It's crucial to know when to stop fighting. If someone isn't giving you the same energy, you should pull back.
65. If you truly want to live, you have to accept that some people won’t care for you as much as you do. Don’t hate the process. Embrace it and love yourself even more.
Don't beat yourself up because someone doesn't care. It's merely a part of life. Embrace it and keep on loving yourself.
66. You don’t need any permission to live your life how you want. You’re in control of your decisions and you should always do what’s best for you.
Doing what's best for you cannot be overemphasized. You're the one living your life so you should live it the best way.
67. “If you don’t care, then I won’t. I’ll treat you like you don’t exist to prevent myself from getting hurt.”
It's okay to treat someone like they never existed. This will help you get over the pain they've caused.
68. “It’s easy for you to judge me when I start caring less. But where were you when I poured out my heart to you? You can’t care for me only when I’m not around.”
One-sided friendships are always a burden to the party trying to make things work. You have to realize when enough is enough.
69. People will always take your kindness for granted. The more you have hope that they’ll change, the more they’ll take advantage of you. Never allow someone to use you to the extent that you can’t think for yourself anymore.
It's crucial to realize when someone is taking advantage of your kindness. Don't allow such situations to go on for too long.
70. You need to stop worrying about what others think of you or you’ll forever remain in their shadows. You're unique and different. Embrace every bit of yourself and start living today.
The more you care about someone that doesn't recognize you, the more you'll stay in their shadow. Choose to live on your own terms.
71. “You might think it’s bothering me, but I could care less about what you think. Some things mean nothing to me and nothing can change my mind about it.”
It's crucial to put your foot down when someone keeps playing games with you. Tell them that they can't break you any longer.
72. Once you realize there’s no need to stay any longer, you shouldn’t keep holding on. Don’t wait till your love slowly dies. Walk away before you lose faith in yourself.
The more you hang on to a negative situation, the more you lose hope in yourself. Never let that happen.
73. “It’s one thing to decide to leave someone while it’s another thing to truly make that happen. Even though it’s painful, I know it’s the best decision for me. I’m going to make it happen at all costs.”
Leaving someone should become a priority when the situation is too painful. You need to protect yourself at all costs.
74.”I don’t hate you. I’ve simply grown to accept the fact that you’re not the one for me. I don’t have to make you change. I just have to walk away before your actions break me.”
There's a difference between despising someone and refusing to let their actions break you. You should always choose the latter.
75. “Sometimes I act like I don’t care, but deep down, I still don’t care. I don’t want to be with someone who doesn't even bother about my well-being.”
Some people might mistake your empathy for weakness. Don't let that happen. Always do what's best for yourself.
76. This is just a reminder that what other people think about you is really not your problem. You have better things to think about, so you should focus on them instead.
Your life should always be a priority. Never allow other people's actions to make you lose focus on yourself.
77. “My greatest heart desire was to see you reciprocate my affection. It felt even better when you didn’t because I finally knew what I had to do — focus on myself.”
It's much better for people to show you their real selves than pretend to care about you. At least, you'll know where your priorities lie.
78. “I don’t care what anybody says about me because the more I care, the more it breaks me. I’d rather have peace than be unnecessarily kind to others.”
The more you focus on others, the more you'll lose sight of your purpose. Never let that happen.
79. “It’s best for me to stop wasting my time on people who don’t feel the same way about me. The more I channel my energy to the right sources, the better my life will be.”
Always choose to focus on what's more important in your life.
80. People's choices should never affect you so much. If someone chooses not to care, it should be their problem, not yours. Focus on yourself more than anyone else and you’ll truly be happy.
True joy comes from loving yourself more than what others think of you.
81. Someone who doesn’t care about you shouldn’t get an extra thought in your head. Stop caring about what they think and start focusing more on yourself.
There should always be space in your head for what really matters.
82. When you stop dreaming, that’s when life starts to end. When you stop caring, that’s when love fades away. When you stop sharing, that’s when friendship truly starts dying.
You should keep dreaming and living because these things guarantee having a fulfilled life.
83. The truth is that no one likes it when you’re comfortable in your own skin. But at that point, you won’t care what anyone thinks any longer.
84. Choosing to forget about someone isn’t wrong. It makes you brave. Protecting your heart should always be your top priority no matter how hard it may seem.
You don't have to hold on to those hurtful memories any longer.
85. Stop wasting your time trying to get the attention of someone focusing on something else. Instead, look to the more important thing, which is you. Always remember that you’re a top priority in your life.
If you lose sight of what's more important, you'll forever live in someone else's shadow.
86. “Sometimes, it’s when I say I don’t care any longer that I actually care the most. Nevertheless. I don’t have any choice left but to do what’s best for me and move on.”
Moving on actually hurts more than people think. Nevertheless, it's the greatest freedom for a broken heart.
87. “If you suddenly realize that we haven’t talked in a while, I hope you realize that I didn’t stop caring. You’re the one who pushed me away and I had to leave.”
People often realize their mistakes when it's too late. Don't wait until they realize it. Move on.
88. “I’m not afraid of hate because it only motivates me to be better. If you decide not to care about me, I’ll act like you never existed in my life.”
You should never be afraid of someone hating you because of your choices.
89. “I don't have to maintain a friendship with someone who doesn’t care. If you can’t reciprocate my affection, it’s best for me to move on and find someone better.”
There'll always be someone out there ready to reciprocate your love and affection.
90. The more you try to please others, the more you lose yourself in the process. If you truly want to be free, your heart's desire should be to stop caring about what others think of you.
Pleasing others only makes you lose sight of who you truly are.
91. Even if you forget about our friendship, I’ll never stop being me. Your actions won’t change who I am, and neither will it make me less of a great person.
If someone neglected your empathy, it shouldn't stop you from being who you are.
92. Trying not to impress someone isn’t wrong. But there’s always a problem when you start caring too much and no one seems to appreciate it. In that case, you should always look out for yourself instead.
93. The bad part about holding on to someone for too long is that you don’t seem to realize when they’re no longer there. It’s important to maintain your peace of mind by walking away when you need to.
Don't hold on for too long because you won't realize when the person's no longer there.
94. If you stop caring about someone who doesn’t care, you're not doing anything bad. You've only realized things before it got too late.
Never feel guilty for protecting yourself from potential pain.
95. The last thing you should do is to bother about those that don't care at all. You’d be wasting your emotions. You should forget about them and focus on more important subjects.
It's much better to think about what really matters.
96. The moment you stop caring is when things truly get better. You’re choosing to focus on the more important thing, which is you. There’s nothing better than that.
When you focus on yourself, you'll have your own freedom.
97. Not everyone is worth fighting for. If someone won’t appreciate the efforts you make, it’s important to walk away. Don’t try to win them over because it'll only end in heartbreak.
98. “Even if you forget about my efforts, the truth still stands. I won’t feel bad about caring for you. You’ll only regret that you took me for granted.”
In the end, people often regret losing the good ones.
99. When you start ignoring someone you used to give all your time to, they’ll notice and want you back. Sadly, they only miss you when it’s beneficial to them.
Quotes and sayings like these will make you strive for better friendships.
100. It’s never a crime to stop caring for someone who doesn’t care in return.
It's much worse to stay with someone that doesn't appreciate what you do.
101. “I gave you all the love in this world and all you did was to make me look stupid.”
You should never let someone take you for granted for too long.
What do you say to someone who doesn't care?
Some of the things you can say to someone who doesn't care include, “You only notice that I’m here when I stop giving you attention. But anytime I want you to care for me, you’re not there for me. I’m tired of this one-sided friendship. I want to move on.”
Why do I care about someone who doesn't care about me?
You can fall in love with someone who doesn't care for many reasons. You might enjoy their company so much that you don't want to lose them. More so, you might be emotionally attached to them or share a close history together. Nonetheless, if they don’t reciprocate the love, it’s important for you to draw some boundaries.
How do you tell if someone doesn't care about you?
Someone who doesn't care about you will always subtly display how they feel. They’ll neglect you and focus more on themselves. More so, they’ll only need you when it benefits them and fail to ask about your well-being. It’s crucial to know when to leave such people because you’ll always feel inferior.
How do you get over someone who doesn't care about you?
The best way to get over someone who doesn't care is to do the same thing. Don’t care about them like you used to and you’ll slowly fall out of love with them. Treat them like every other person no matter how painful it may be. The more you do this, the less attached you’ll be to them.
How do you become heartless?
You can become heartless towards someone by disconnecting all your emotions from them. Stop being warm like you used to and treat them like every other human being. They’ll undoubtedly miss your affection and want you back.
Did you enjoy this article on quotes and sayings for someone who doesn't care? Remember that walking away from someone who doesn’t reciprocate your affection is the best decision you can make. Kindly leave a comment if you liked this article or share it with others to see.
Does it feel like pulling teeth getting him to say how he feels about you? Some men can be very guarded and closed when it comes to expressing how they feel - it can almost feel like they are pulling away from you and leaves you wondering whether he's actually into you.
Find out to see whether he actually likes you by taking this quick free quiz
My name is Michelle Devani, and I've been helping people with their relationships since 2003. In 2017 I decided it was about time I started a blog on the topic, and since then more than 2 million people worldwide have read my relationship advice. Drop me a comment below to let me know what you think.