How To Tell A Guy You Miss Him In A Cute Way (155 Ways To Tell Him Through Texting)
Last updated on June 4, 2022 by Michelle Devani
Guys like to hear that you miss them, too. With how crazy all of our lives are, it’s great that you can tell him with the art of texting.
Sending a cute text only takes a few seconds. It has the potential to make him grin from ear to ear for the rest of the day. If you haven’t seen him in a while and miss him, here are some ways to let him know.
If you feel like telling a guy that you’re thinking about him, there are plenty of ways to do it!
Feel free to scroll through these examples to find one that fits your situation and the way that you feel. I’ll also give you some pointers to make sure that your texting etiquette is as cute as can be.
Don’t forget to guarantee that your I miss you message coordinates well with the mood and stage of your relationship. If you just went on a first date with someone, telling them you had a great time and can’t wait to see them again is better than sending a long romantic quote. However, if you’ve been together for a long time, a romantic quote would be appropriate.
Not only should your message match the depth of your relationship, but it should also match your mood. If you only miss him a little bit and are going to see him again tomorrow, keep scrolling past the messages that sound more like they are geared towards a long-distance relationship. Find the message to match your feelings instead of trying to find one that sounds good to make it feel like it is genuine.
1. Don’t Forget Emojis
Emojis are, by their nature, adorable. After you insert the I miss you message, add a kissy face or heart eyes to remind him of how much you care about him. Getting flirty will instantly make him smile. If you’re wondering how to tell a guy you miss him in a cute way, this is an important tip to remember.
2. I think about you every time I drive by (insert favorite restaurant).
This is a great text to tell a guy you want to see that he’s always on your mind.
3. I miss you!
There’s nothing wrong with using the basics, just make sure to mix things up to keep it interesting.
4. I miss you more with every second that passes.
This is a cute way to tell a guy you miss him with a romantic undertone that makes it great for any situation, including long-distance relationships.
5. I miss your face.
An adorable way to tell someone that you can’t wait to be around them, and make him feel handsome at the same time.
6. I had a great time tonight! I can’t wait to do it again! I already miss you!
This is the perfect way to tell him his first or second date ideas were a hit, and let him know that you want to do it again.
7. You are the light of my life babe. I miss you so much!
8. I miss feeling your arms around me.
This text is great for any time that you can’t be with each other.
9. I hope that you’re having a day as amazing as you are! I miss you, baby!
10. I’ve been thinking about you all day. Can I come to see you after work tonight?
Sending a text to make plans together tells people that you want to see them. This one is casual enough for dating but also works in relationships.
11. Hey handsome! I just wanted to tell you that I was thinking about you!
12. Can I come over later? I just want to see you.
13. Just wanted to tell you that I miss you, baby!
When you miss someone, you can simply let them know by saying I miss you! This will make him feel loved, and remind him that he’s a great part of your life.
14. Hey gorgeous! I’ve been thinking about you non-stop and wanted to let you know I miss you.
17. I’m trying so hard to concentrate on work, but I can stop thinking about your beautiful eyes.
18. Knowing that I get to see you tonight is the only thing that got me through this crazy day.
When you’re with each other for so long, the other person in the relationship can become your rock. Remind each other of that by letting them know that they helped you make it through a tough day.
19. I can never seem to get enough of you. When do I get to see you again?
If you’re looking for a way to tell a guy you are dying to see him, make him feel wanted, and bring a smile to his face, this text message is it.
20. It drives me crazy that I have to wait to be around you, but it makes our moments together so much sweeter.
21. How does running away for the weekend sound?
If you miss someone, tell him by making plans together and bring some spontaneous romance into the relationship!
22. I hope you realize how much you mean to me. There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think of your handsome face.
This is a great way to let him know that he’s the one for you. If you’re in a relationship, particularly long-distance relationships, these words will remind each other that the feelings are not fading.
23. What we’re going to do together later has been running through my mind all day.
There’s nothing wrong with having some fun and making sure that you’re the one running through his mind all day.
24. I miss the way your lips feel against mine.
25. How is your day going? I’d love to see you before it ends...
26. I miss you more!
27. It’s so cold tonight. Come warm me up?
Tell each other something along these lines to enjoy a steamy night that neither of you will ever forget.
28. Hearing our song instantly makes me think of you and want to see you like crazy!
29. Heyyyyyy...Just wanted to remind you that being with you makes me the luckiest girl in the world.
This is a cute way to tell a guy that he’s an amazing boyfriend. Make him feel instantly appreciated, and let him know that you’re happy in the relationship.
30. Words can’t describe my feelings for you! I can wait to see you so that I can show you how much I love having you in my life!
31. Even just a few hours apart makes me miss you like crazy!
32. I can’t wait to see you again and get to know you more!
Enjoy a first date with deep conversations? Just getting to know a guy? This is the perfect way to tell a guy that you’re feeling him.
33. My day is always amazing when I know that I get to see you as soon as I get off work.
34. I miss you more every day that we’re apart!
35. So ecstatic to see your smiling face tonight! I miss you so much!
36. Thinking about you today…
When you miss someone, this is a cute way to tell a guy that he’s on your mind. It’s great for starting a conversation and applies to both dating and relationships. This is a versatile text you can use for almost any situation.
Do you feel like he kind of takes you for granted? Unfortunately this is one of the most frequent complaints we get from our readers, where they feel they aren't a priority for their boyfriend or husband. They always seem to have some excuse as to why they can't spend some quality time with you like they used to.
Due to popular demand, our friend prepared a quick video (click to watch) that'll show you to one easy but often overlooked thing that you can say to him today that'll help him realize how lucky he is to have you (hint: it's something that taps into how men are wired).
37. I miss you more than there is water on this Earth.
Go beyond basic to tell a guy how much he means to you with a cute message like this one. It’s guaranteed to make an impression.
38. I can’t wait to fall asleep every night so that I can see you in my dreams.
39. It’s great that we worked things out. I was really starting to miss your voice…
If your relationship was almost over, help it start over and make sure that it’s headed in the right direction by letting him know how much you love him being in your life.
40. It’d be so nice to be kissing you right now instead of missing you right now.
41. I never imagined when I first met you that I would wind up missing you this much!
42. Reading through our old messages is so bittersweet. It makes me smile like crazy, but miss you so much!
43. I wear your hoody to sleep every night so I can think about you as I drift off to sleep.
44. I hope that you’re having a great time, but I miss you so much I seriously just can’t wait for you to come home!
45. I miss you to the moon and back! When can I see you again?
46. Every single ounce of my being misses you a lot.
47. Every time I hear a song about missing someone I instantly think of you.
48. The sun doesn’t even shine when you’re away.
This is a cute way to tell people that they are the light of your life. Tell him you miss him and make him feel appreciated at the same time!
49. Every night that I’m not with you I look at the moon and wonder if you’re looking at the same moon as me
50. Every day, I start missing you the second that I can’t see your face or hear your voice anymore.
51. Me without you is like peanut butter with no jelly. I miss my jelly…
Cute can barely even describe how adorable this message is! Warm his heart with these words.
52. Life sucks really bad without you. When do I get to see you again?
53. I miss you the way a fat girl on a diet misses junk food.
54. We should meet up after work so I can see you! How does dinner sound?
55. I feel like my day isn’t complete until it ends and I get to see your smiling face.
56. Nothing sounds better than being in your arms and watching a movie right now.
57. I haven’t seen you in such a long time that all I think about is being next to you again.
58. I want your lips on mine.
59. You’re always in my thoughts.
60. My heart can barely handle you not being here.
61. I miss you like the desert misses rain.
62. Your arms around me is the definition of cozy. When can we do that again?
63. I miss the way your laugh makes me smile all-day.
64. When I’m not with you, the seconds feel like years.
65. You have no idea how much I think about you when you’re gone.
If he’s feeling unsure of your relationship, or you just want to remind him how much he means to you, use a text message like this one.
66. I see you everywhere I go when you’re not with me.
67. No matter how much I try to stay busy, my mind always wanders right back to thinking about what you’re doing.
68. I just wish you were here right now.
69. I need you, and your hugs, and your kisses.
70. Wherever you are is where I want to be right now.
71. Missing you is an instant response to you not being next to me.
If you have a hard time saying the words, there’s nothing wrong with a little indirect text every once in a while.
149. I can’t wait to finally see you again and share every moment with you.
150. My head gets sad at night because it’s not laying on your chest.
151. I miss hugging you and hearing the sound of your heartbeat.
152. Every time we’re apart I reminisce about the times that we’ve spent together.
153. I can’t wait until we’re together and my heart can experience pure bliss again.
154. I’m so glad for the time I get to see you, but I’m so sad for the times that I don’t.
155. The only way I get through these hard days and lonely nights full of missing you is by knowing that someday, we’ll be together again.
How do you tell a guy you miss him over text?
You can just say the words I miss you. Telling someone your feelings is another great way to let them know that you’re thinking about them a lot. If you don’t want to say the words, try to make plans with him. This will tell a guy that you want to see him.
How do you tell a guy you miss him without saying it?
Tell him your feelings. Say you saw someone or something and thought of him. Make plans to go out to dinner. Tell him a certain thing, like your couch, misses him. People will know that you miss them if you say that you’re thinking of them or want to see them.
How do I know if he's falling for me?
Does he mention a relationship? If he talks about what he wants with someone, his feelings or wants to be around you a lot, he’s falling for you. He’ll talk to you more, text you first, and show you he wants you to be a part of his life.
How can I make him miss me badly?
Don’t be available all the time. People won’t miss you if you’re always around, so it’s important that he has the chance to miss you. Try to wait a little bit to text him back, or schedule plans a little bit further apart.
What outfits do guys like?
Red tends to instantly attract members of the opposite sex. Guys like outfits that show a little bit of skin without revealing too much, like lace. High heels of any style are always a great idea, too.
Have you ever tried to figure out how to tell a guy you miss him in a cute way? What approach did you take, and did it get the message across?
Does it feel like pulling teeth getting him to say how he feels about you? Some men can be very gaurded and closed when it comes to expressing how they feel - it can almost feel like they are pulling away from you. Many women make the mistake of pushing their man to say how they feel, but this is actually one of the worst things you can do as it can push him away further.
To get him to really show you how he feels and communicate how much he appreciates you, there's one simple thing, although often overlooked, thing you can say to him today that taps into how men are wired and can often lead to them suddenly pouring their heart out. My friend recorded a quick free video (click to watch) that shows exactly how to do that.
My name is Michelle Devani, and I've been helping people with their relationships since 2003. In 2017 I decided it was about time I started a blog on the topic, and since then more than 2 million people worldwide have read my relationship advice. Drop me a comment below to let me know what you think.